Apply for a Passport
- Complete your form online at www.passports.gov.au, and read the instructions to determine whether you need to fill a "PC7 Form" or a "PC8 Form". Do not use any other websites as these could be part of a scam.
- Print the completed application form, sign within the signature box (your signature must not touch the black lines of the box, and be completely inside the box) and date the application. Please ensure that the form has been filled completely and correctly, and that you have carefully read and complied with all accompanying instructions.
- Obtain two recent passport photos (see photo requirements). Note that Australian passport photo requirements may differ from other passport photos or identity photos you've previously used. Photos must be less than 6 months old and with a white background.
- If you are not eligible to mail your application to us, you must book an appointment*. Note that separate appointments are required for separate passport applications.
- Bring to your appointment your signed form, photos, most recently issued passport and any other requested original documentation (these will be listed on the application form). You will also be required to fill a Credit Card Authorisation Form for each passport application to make your payment (see "Fees" below).
- If you are eligible to mail your application (simple renewals only), please use a reputable delivery service to ensure timely delivery. We are not responsible for your application getting lost or being delayed in the mail. If you are not located in Morocco, you should not mail your application to us, as this will further delay your application. You will also be required to mail in a Credit Card Authorisation Form for each passport application to make your payment (see "Fees" below). Our address is:
66 Avenue Mehdi Ben Barka
Souissi 10000, Rabat, Morocco
- If lodging a PC8 Form and you cannot find an Australian passport holder in Morocco to endorse your application, check the list of approved Guarantors/Referees in Morocco.
Passport fees must be paid in Australian Dollars using a credit card that accepts international payments. Applicants must fill a Credit Card Authorisation Form. We cannot accept any other forms of payment or in any other currency.
Prices of passports services are regularly updated, and can be found on our appointments page. Please note that all passport applications lodged outside of Australia incur an additional overseas surcharge fee for adults (including seniors) and children.
It can currently take around 6 weeks from the day we accept your application up until your passport is ready for collection. An application is not accepted until the Embassy has received all the correct documentation required to issue a passport. Follow the exact instructions on your form.
Further delays may occur if:
- you use an incorrect form
- you fill in the form incorrectly or do not sign it (or your signature is not completely inside the box) or forget to date it
- you omit information requested in the form or provide incorrect information
- we cannot contact your guarantors/referees
- we cannot contact both persons with parental responsibility for child applications
- we cannot process your credit card payment
- your photos do not comply with Australian Passport Office requirements
All Australian passport applications are processed and issued in Australia and then dispatched to the Embassy in Rabat. You will receive an email or a phone call from us when your passport is ready for collection from the Embassy.
Unfortunately, due to Moroccan laws, we are unable to mail your passport to you and you must make an appointment with us to collect your passport in person from the Embassy in Rabat (or authorise another person to collect it on your behalf).
Adult: Instructions for a PC7 (one page application form)
Adult: Instructions for a PC8 (five pages application form; must be used for first-time passport applicants)
Child: Instructions for a PC8 (five pages application form)
- A parent must attend the passport interview on behalf of their child (child presence not required up to the age of 16).
- The lodging parent must present an original ID and a copy of the other parent's ID (when applicable).
- 10-year validity passports will be issued for children aged 16 or 17.
In addition to the usual requirements for a child passport application, 16 and 17 year old children must attend the interview along with the lodging parent.
List of approved Guarantors/Referees for Adult and Children for a PC8 Application form
Credit Card Authorisation Form (cash or cheque payment not accepted)
For passport purposes, a child is defined as anyone under the age of 18.
Please note that child applications should be lodged in person by a parent or person with parental responsibility for the child. The parent or person lodging the application is not required to be an Australian citizen, but will need to bring photographic proof of their own identity to the appointment.
Child applicants under 16 are not required to attend the interview with the lodging parent.
Child applicants aged 16 or 17, must attend the interview with the lodging parent.
Normally, both parents (or all persons with parental responsibility) must provide consent by signing the form and must be contactable to confirm their consent. There are circumstances where this is not possible. Check this link for additional information on requirements where the application does not include all parental consents.
Child applicants aged 16 or 17 are issued with a 10-year passport instead of the five-year passport currently issued to child applicants under 16. Applications must still include parental consent, and they must be personally lodged by the applicant together with a parent. The application fee is the adult fee but the overseas surcharge is the child rate.
Further information on child applications can be found on the APO's website on applying for a child passport.
Important links and further information
- Lost or stolen passport
- Passport process explained and frequently asked questions
- Quick guide to applying for a passport overseas
- How to prove Australian citizenship
- List of approved Guarantors/Referees (if you cannot find an Australian passport holder in Morocco to endorse your PC8 Form)